Last week we answered a question about what all children need to hear from there parents. Steve Trader, Counselor at Pathways Professional Counseling has followed that answer up with 15 great tips to showing your child love:
- Teach your child about the love of God.
- Read a book together.
- Sings songs with each other.
- Hug your child often.
- Pray with your child daily.
- When your child is frustrated, listen to your child sympathetically.
- Kiss your child goodnight.
- Write your child a note of love and encouragement.
- Play games with your child that they want to play.
- Eat meals together as a family (preferably at the dinner table with no other distractions).
- Allow your child the opportunity to help you.
- Provide your child with as much stability as possible.
- Make your child a priority in your daily life.
- Create a special name for your child that is positive and loving.
- Say, “I love you” often to your child.
*This column is not intended to substitute for an actual session with a licensed counselor.